[TowerTalk] station control

Steve ve3tu@rac.ca
Thu, 25 May 2000 09:32:22 -0400

Hello all, my name is Steve Kosa VE3TU and I am planning to install a
remote hf station and I am interested in any info and advice with a set
up like this form any one that's done a similar installation. I am
planning to use a vhf link for control and voice transmission as opposed

to land line link. Are there any major disadvantages to this type of
link as opposed to a land line? I plan to hook up the vhf rig through a
modem to a pc with a multi port serial card to control the hf rig and
rotors and antenna switching. The interface with the pc and rotor and
antenna would be with a Motorola 68hc11 chip type card. I have some
experience with visual basic and 68hc11 assembly language code. I am
looking for a basic 9600 baud modem to interface with the vhf rig and I
would like to know if any one has good performance from any of the 9600
baud modems on the market? Any other advice is most welcomed.
73 es tu Steve