[TowerTalk] Cellular sites

Ron Ron" <majrabsr@rconnect.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 07:34:13 -0500

Hi Guys,

I was approached by a company looking for a place to situate a cellular
phone antenna site. Upon receiving my permission, they ran a lot of tests on
various areas of my land, including soil conductivity tests.

The area near my pond (where I plan the 160M array) showed 38 mS/M, while
the area at the highest point on my property read 27 mS/M. The cre indicated
this was VERY high for this region of the country (Jackson County
Minnesota).

Anyone had any dealings with cell sites? I asked if they would allow me to
put antennas on the tower. Crew foreman said that was something to take up
with the engineering section.

Again, thanks in advance.

Ron, KA9ALC