[TowerTalk] 2M Compared to 6M

Ted Leaf tleaf@hotmail.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 00:55:15 HST

Hi Guys,

Since there are being posts on 6M, maybe someone can answer my question I've
had for years--since I don't yet have 6M to test it out.

I have for years been mostly successful to work the Honolulu repeaters from
my 600' QTH with 50W using a 12el Yagi on FM over 160 miles water.  Since it
cannot be line of site, my studies lead me to believe it is scatter
propagation.

Has anyone been able to compare 2M with 6M in a similar situation?  I have
wondered if 6M would be more consistent--using a smaller beam because of the
larger 6M size, of course.

73, Aloha
Ted Leaf, K6HI
Kona, Hawaii