[TowerTalk] N8TR shunt feed followup question

TheMardster@cs.com TheMardster@cs.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:28:16 EST

Pete Wrote: "...I have a KT34XA at 100', another KT34XA on a
Ringrotor at 64', and a  third  XA at 32' on a swing-arm sidemount.  There
are 4 ropes from the top  of the tower  to various tie points that support
the 4 vertical wires that make up my 80m 4-sq.   I shunt feed the tower
for 160m at about 62' using  4 wires in a  small cage configuration... "

Pete, pardon my confusion. Are you saying that your bottom 'XA is fixed or
rotatable? If it rotates, how does the shunt feed not interfere with the
rotation?

Marty Ray, N9SE