[TowerTalk] Hardline connections

Rudy Severns rudys@ordata.com
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 17:21:30 -0700

Filing down the center conductor to fit a connector is a chore.  For splices
and connectors I simple take a short length (about 3/4") of 1/4" copper
tubing, slit it lengthwise with a hacksaw to form a split coupler.  the
diameter is flexible, you can make one end larger by prying open the slit a
bit and the other end smaller by crimping it.  In the end I simple crimp the
coupling on to the conductors and solder it.  The slit is nice for soldering
since it provides an opening to see that the solder flows nicely within the
connection.

Rudy N6LF