[TowerTalk] Force 12 40 meter beam and lightning questions

Rick Bullon kc5ajx@hotmail.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 07:48:52 GMT

Hello All
I have been reading the post about interaction problem with tribanders and
the CC XM240 40 meter beam.
I have a chance to get a Force 12 EF240X Beam and I wanted to know if this
beam has any interaction problems like the XM240. I plan to mount it above a
TH6DXX with the TH6DXX just above the tower and the EF240X as high up as I
can get it on a 20' .25" wall mast.

I will have the above antennas along with a 80 meter inverted V and shunt
feed the tower for 160 ( the tower will be 70' of Rohn 25). I am going to
have to use a remote coax switch at the tower. My question is can I put the
polyphaser lightning protector on the coax from the remote switch to the
shack or do I need to put one on each coax line going into the switch?
I will at a latter time add another box with Polyphaser lightning protectors
at the shack end of the coax but right now I will just have a box at the
tower with protectors for the coax and the rotor cable.
Thanks
Rick
KC5AJX