[TowerTalk] "Elephant Antenna" stories?

David Jordan wa3gin@erols.com
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 07:53:04 -0400

You get what you pay for....  Did you really think a 20th century built
in American electronics product manufacturer could provide high quality
at such a low cost --  was going to achieve Collins status.  Maybe it
just that the earth shakes too much in six land, HAHA.

My survey of one, I've had two MFJ259s, the MFJ noise cancelling box and
three of the Ameritron amps.  All work as described.  MTBF after several
years hasn't happened yet...

If my option was to have them make cheap stuff or not have them at all
I'd take the first.  They might not be great but they are sure better
than nothing and who knows with some constructive inputs they might
improve.

Be careful what you wish for,
dave
WA3GIN