[TowerTalk] Mothballs

Don Hall donhall@myriad.net
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 10:42:56 -0500

There were several comments recently on the effectiveness of mothballs in
keeping critters from gnawing and otherwise creating problems around
feedlines etc.

Having been unable to catch my latest armadillo(after successfully catching
five in the last few years) I put mothballs in plastic containers at many
strategic locations around my place.

The creature dug a deep hole next to one container then proceeded to dig a
hole next to another and knock it into the hole.

So much for mothballs and their effectiveness against this Texas animal. I
can only conclude that he is smarter than I am.

Have spotted him a couple times and one night will get close enough to cause
bodily harm and hopefully his demise. No guns allowed out here or that would
be plan A.

73  Don  K5AQ