[TowerTalk] windload rating of triex LM470e tower to be independently ver...

Chanel1096@aol.com Chanel1096@aol.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:32:16 EDT

In a message dated 9/27/00 2:35:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Tower2sell@aol.com writes:

> The EIA-222 has been incorporated into most building codes with only a few
> exceptions. If you look at the UBC for example, it states that the EIA-222
is
> an accepted national standard that can be used. The EIA-222 rev F has
> eliminated the Class A, B, C... (The proposed revison G may have something
> similar) The main problem it that many plan checkers are not familar with
the
> EIA-222.

To the best of my knowledge exposure classes have never existed in the EIA
code.  The wind loading for Rev. F is the same as in Rev. D   The old Rev. C
had Wind loading zones A,B, & C but these had nothing to do with exposure and
were just a way of approximating wind pressure based on velocity.  The big
difference that is expected in Rev. F is going to be the change from ASD to
LRFD as a design basis, which will eliminate the 1/3 increase for wind loads
by having the whole system switched to Factored Load.