[TowerTalk] Rotator control refurb

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sat Aug 16 10:12:55 EDT 2003

In a message dated 8/15/03 9:36:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
davec at netdave.com writes:

> Thanks for the info Jim. Yeah, I'm not questioning the reason for the brake
>  switch, I was just wondering why one couldn't automate the "coasting" delay
>  rather than relying on the operator to determine when rotational inertia
has
>  settled down.

    Bob, W7BA, does my rotator work and has a REAL simple circuit that only
has a couple of components that'll give you a little brake delay. It's so
simple I wonder why there are whole QST articles with logic circuits and boards to
do the same thing. You can contact him at W7BA at comcast.com.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH