[TowerTalk] Moving a Tower

Michael Hatzakis, Jr mikehatzakis at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 19:09:29 EST 2003

Hi all,

Just a quick and hearty thanks to all who responded to my question about moving a tower.  Your suggestions, ideas and photos were invaluable resource in planning this move.

This last monday I moved the tower from Portland (300miles) and it went very smoothly.  I built a cradle to lay the tower in and rented a 24' truck with a hydrolic lift and had two heavy duty dollies.  It worked very well.  Anyone who would like photos of the operation, please let me know, would be happy to share my experiences in more detail.  I now have to sand down the finish a bit, repaint it and put it up.  I am very excited...!  The total cost of bringing it up here, including lumber and gas was still much less thanthe shipping cost from CA...!

Watch out 20 meters..!

Michael  K3MH

Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD
Physiatrist, Treating Individuals with Neuromuscular Disabilities
Consultant, Information Technology Based Health Care Solutions