[TowerTalk] WTB HBU or HBUTVRO Bracket(s)

rentwist at comcast.net rentwist at comcast.net
Mon Apr 12 20:41:09 EDT 2004

First,

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query regarding my proposed tower installation.  The jist of it is don't put up 55 feet unless I guy it.  Maybe 45 feet with a bracket at 21 feet, and then use two brackets.

Now, about brackets (and being more direct in my inquiry).  I would like to purchase a HBUTVRO (preferred) and/or HBU bracket, new or used.  Please state price and condition.  The HBA/B/C series of brackets look a lot weaker than the HBU ones and thus my preference.

Also, am I correct that the HBU and HBUTVRO brackets are adjustable (extra holes) for 25G, 45G and 55G??

Alternatively, I am considering making my own (especially if I use guys, makes the bracket secondary rather than primary means of support).  Does anyone have or know of design/construction information for these (or similar) brackets?  I could devise one of my own using the isometric drawings in the Rohn accessories PDF as a starting point, but it will be a WAG to some degree.

I assume that soft steel angle is the way to go and not tempered steel (like that found in old bed frames).  The tempered steel is very strong, but brittle.

73,

Bob, WA2T