[TowerTalk] Staples for Radials

ValErwin at aol.com ValErwin at aol.com
Tue Apr 13 16:54:01 EDT 2004

Towerites:

I also use staples to secure groundplane wires under my vertical antennas.
But there is an easier method than making your own staples................buy
em'. That's right, they are called "landscape staples". The professional
landscapers use them to staple down burlap bags etc. for erosion control until newly
planted vegetation grows. Actually, they just let the burlap bags rot away
leaving the buried staples in place.

It's your choice, just lay the wires on top of the grass and nail em' with
the staples or cut a grove in the grass with a gasoline edger. I prefer the
grove/edger method as it gets the radial wire below the grass totally eliminating
any chance of a child tripping or an overly ambitious squirrel  "snacking" on
your radials........ Don't worry, the first time it rains the grooves will
fill up with dirt and leave the wires invisible...........

Val
W5PUT