[TowerTalk] Re: 40 Meter Beam

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Sat Apr 17 08:54:09 EDT 2004

Quad. It can also be reduced sized, and you can also vertically polarize the
feed for
less interaction. >>>

Why would that reduce interaction?

You aren't changing the plane nor the dimensions of the elements nor are you
changing mutual coupling from the higher frequency antennas into the quad
just by moving the feedpoint in one element.

You are not eliminating odd-multiple resonances either, and now for a given
mast length you have to put the quads closest point nearer to the other
antennas where mutuals are higher!!

Maybe I'm missing something but it sounds to me like it makes it worse, not
better.

73 Tom