[TowerTalk] Brainstorming: A homebrew Steppir like beam....

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Apr 26 07:27:57 EDT 2004

At 01:28 AM 4/26/04, Tom Rauch wrote:
>I certainly would never worry at all about stamping,
>cutting, or punching BeCu. None of that creates dust, and
>the dust is the POSSIBLE danger. The solder we use is very
>likely a much more dangerous long term.

Isn't it also worth focusing on the fact that the issues discussed in the
article are all involved in  occupational exposures, which presuppose
exposure 8 hours a day for months and probably years?  Just as those of us
who once changed a couple of asbestos brake linings don't have to worry
about mesothelioma from that source, a hobbyist machining beryllium copper
for a day or two seems likely to be well outside any risk envelope.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
is back, at www.pvrc.org/WCSD/WCSDsearch.htm