[TowerTalk] 3000' feedline...can I make it work?

on4kj on4kj at skynet.be
Fri Apr 30 21:44:02 EDT 2004

  Paul,

  Use this formula to calculate your open 600 ohm Lecher line as a function
of wire gauge and distance. Keep the line away from ground, otherwise you
must introduce other factors as hight and the formulae has some more
complexity Zc (600)= 276Log( 2D/d)
  where D is  the distance between the wires.
             d wire gauge expessed in the same unit as the Distance.

  On each end you have to use a impedance transformer 1/12 unbalanced to
balanced.
  Some one else can tell you wich type of core to use, number of turns
depends upon the type of core.
  If this is not correct one would correct me please. Did not use these
formulae for quite a number of years.

  Jos on4kj