[TowerTalk] 160/80/40

Joe WD0M at centurytel.net
Sat Aug 21 10:47:38 EDT 2004

Hi Kirk,

I have a similar setup, although it's on a TX-455 tower.  When I bought the
inverted vee arm, it showed up as you describe, rather than the old "clamp
on" style that I ordered through the catalog.  I had the same concern about
the drag issue, and putting stress on the antenna.  I gave the new arm
away.  I'm using a metal pipe that is clamped to the very top of the tower,
with two pulleys attached to allow me to use inverted vees, inverted L's, a
linear loaded antenna for 160, and an assortment of other low band
antennas.  They all work well.  I also have the 4 element SteppIR atop the
tower and am very happy with it.

That said, the US Towers inverted vee arm that rides on the mast may work
OK - I just didn't want to risk it.

Cheers and 73,
Joe
WDØM