[TowerTalk] 160/80/40

Mike Brown k9mi at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 21 13:24:01 EDT 2004

This doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I use that small RS
type mast that you can also pick up at hardware stores cheaper,
and cut it to size, drill some holes for u-bolts to attach it to
the tower, and drill a hole near the end and put a pulley and
rope on it. Attach it near the top of the tower, and you're all
set. You can hang dipoles, inv L's, whatever you want.

I think this was last week, or the week before's thread, but you
can buy wire for your antennas cheap at Lowe's or Home Depot, or
places like that. 500 ft spools (stranded or solid) of #14
insulated wire were $15-$20, and when I built a 40/80/160 for
our radio club using #12 stranded, it was $25.

Good luck...73, Mike K9MI