[TowerTalk] ballpark costs for a tower (installed)

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Aug 24 08:30:38 EDT 2004

On Aug 24, 2004, at 12:39 AM, Tom Horton wrote:

>  If putting out that many large for a tower and antenna
> was the norm for most of us, I fear that most of us
> would not be on the air !

I'd still be using wires exclusively.

But, seriously -- how many of us price antennas based on the cost of
commerical dipoles? Surely some guys are buying these, but most hams, I
would assume, are building their own.

>   Hams used to be cheap and scroungers...what has happened to us?

Hams are still cheap and real scroungers -- at least the ones I see at
hamfests certainly are....

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901