[TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor

Tom Anderson WW5L at gte.net
Mon Aug 30 20:21:45 EDT 2004

Fellow Tower Talkians:

Many many, thanks to all of you who have offered suggestions.

 From your suggestions I may have isolated the problem to the rotor
control box (I hope) so I don't have to go rent a scisors lift and crank
down my TriEx WT51.  Now to get out the trusty DMM and check the box.

The rotor rotates fine, and the brake release releases as it should.
Just the rotor box indicator needle goes crazy back and forth.  Just got
through testing it Monday evening  (again) with the help of my XYL
Cheryl, WY5H who hit the brake release and then the CW and CCW levers
separately as I was talking her through it on 2 meters.

Tom, WW5L