[TowerTalk] Limitation on tower width. Was: Revocation of Building Permit?

Alan AB2OS ab2os at att.net
Sat Jul 17 07:43:15 EDT 2004

No ideas on the primary question -- the legal one -- but I am surprised
that the city limited the width of the tower to 18". The 60' AN Wireless
tower (only a Light Duty model) I am planning to erect here is almost 3'
across at the base, and I have not found anything else that, without
guying, will support the modest load I expect it to carry in 80mph winds.

What tower are you using that is only 18" across, what will it carry,
and for what wind speeds are you planning?

Alan AB2OS

On 07/16/04 09:41 pm Todd Coulter put fingers to keyboard and launched
the following message into cyberspace:

<snip>