[TowerTalk] Inverted v or flattop

Jim Miller WB5OXQ wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Sun Oct 2 23:07:04 EDT 2005

I have 3 towers, a 53' 25g, a 52' crankup and a 30' 25G
I can support a 40meter dipole from the 30' to 30' up the 53' tower as a flat top or pull the center support up to 50' on the crankup.  So which would be better for overall use on 40?  Inverted v with ends at 30 AND CENTER AT 50 OR A FLATTOP AT 30?
I DO KNOW FLATTOPS ARE MORE BI DIRECTIONAL THAN INVERTED V'S.  I LIVE IN CENTRAL  Texas and the antenna would be running north to south with the sides east and west.
Sorry about the caps lock.
WB5OXQ, Jim in Waco