[TowerTalk] wd40

Bill Aycock baycock at direcway.com
Mon Oct 3 13:04:36 EDT 2005

This definition (of the 'American' usage) is a limited, and partly
erroneous one.  Strictly speaking, the reference is to a chemical family
of which Methane, Ethane, Propane, Butane- etc, are members. Wen one
refers to "a Paraffin", one means one of these. What the Brits call
"paraffin" and the yanks call "Kerosene" is a mixture of higher
molecular weight Paraffins. What North Americans call "paraffin" is an
even higher molecular weight mix.
So There! as if you really wanted to know.
Bill-W4BSG

--
Bill Aycock W4BSG
Woodville, Alabama