[TowerTalk] OK for Rohn 45 Tiltover - Dutton-Lainson 2500?

Mahlon Haunschild mahlonhaunschild at cox.net
Wed Oct 5 19:54:15 EDT 2005

Per the drawings, the standard Rohn 45G foldover winch is indeed a
Dutton Lainson B2503 brake winch.  That's a 2500 lb winch with a 12:1
gear ratio and a 3 1/8" drum hub.

Unfortunately they are very hard to find.

The 300 lb pull is the minimum static cable load recommended by Dutton
Lainson to ensure proper operation of the brake.  At the handle, it's no
big deal.

regards,

Mahlon - K4OQ