[TowerTalk] Lubricating air variables

jacobsen_5@msn.com jacobsen_5 at msn.com
Fri Oct 7 09:10:54 EDT 2005

Bill Coleman wrote:

"WD40 works great as a short-term lubricant. I've used it successfully
to avoid galling on SS hardware -- but you have to apply it just
before you tighten or remove the hardware.

The problem with WD40 is that it is terribly volatile. I used it on a
squeaky door. Two months later, the squeak is back.

LPS 2 or 3 is a better choice. LPS 2 is designed as a lubricant and
has more waxy components. LPS 3 is a corrosion-inhibitor and is high
in waxy components. LPS 2 on the squeaky door -- no squeak for years."

Ok, Bill, for those of us in the North country, WHO/WHAT is LPS2 or 3???
Who makes it??  Enquiring minds want to know.

73
K9WN  Jake