[TowerTalk] grounding

K8RI on Tower talk k8ri-tower at charter.net
Sun Oct 9 03:41:52 EDT 2005

Like Tom I no longer disconnect as the storm would be past by the time I'd
get everything unhooked.  Since finalizing the ground system I've had no
problems and the tower takes an average of 3 direct hits (that I can account
for) every year.

My cable entrance is on the opposite side of the house from the electrical
entrance, but I run the heavy ground cable right across the basement to the
electrical service entrance. So, yes due to rise time there can be a fair
difference between the voltage at the bulkhead and service entrance, but
since making the shortest hook up possible, the most that has happened is
the computer network reset.  I've not even had a computer reset.

Other than the cable entrance every thing else is just as Tom describes his.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com