[TowerTalk] rohn tb25d torque bars

SavageBR@aol.com SavageBR at aol.com
Thu Oct 13 18:29:27 EDT 2005

Hi Stephen,
It is my opinion, based on 40 yrs of experience, that the torque  bars do
improve tower stability. This is noticed if you are up the tower when  turning a
beam.

I could not find the hole diameter in my Rohn books. I do have a set of  arms
used for a Rohn tilt over to provide 90 degree guy placement. They are very
similar to the torque arms I use on a standard Rohn 25 tower.

The outer holes in these brackets are 9/16 dia.  Looking at my R 25  tower
through binoculars I can confirm that I used Rohn thimbles for 3/16 EHS  guy
wire with no problems.

I am going up the tower tomorrow and will look at the hole diameter on the
standard torque arms. I would guess 9/16.

Bruce,  AA4Z