[TowerTalk] Dipole puzzle

ersmar@comcast.net ersmar at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 13:08:12 EDT 2005

Bill:

     Before you start pulling your hair out and dismantling all the work on
your antenna, answer this:  Is there an AM broadcast station serving your
area?  The MFJ259's are notoriously finicky in the presence of strong BCB
stations.

     MFJ make an extra-cost optional filter for BCB energy.  (
http://www.hy-gain.com/man/mfjpdf/MFJ-731.pdf#search='mfj%20filter' .)   But
it does work.  I got very strange results when I first installed my 160M
shunt-fed system for my tower.  Then I borrowed an MFJ-731 and got results
that made sense to me.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F