[TowerTalk] Dipole puzzle

William Q Meeker wqmeeker at iastate.edu
Sun Oct 16 15:06:47 EDT 2005

I want to think everyone who responded to my question about my failed
attempt to construct an OCF dipole for 160 meters. I have learned a
lot, as I usually do from this very helpful and knowledgeable group.

I now realize that I naively assumed that my balun would do something
that it could not do (suppress the common mode currents on the feedline).

Because I cannot, physically, feed the flattop in the middle, I think
that I will go in the direction of a balanced inverted V, where I
have had good success in the past, and use instead a 1:1 current balun.

Bill
K0KT