[TowerTalk] Sick Tailtwister

Bernard(wtrone) wtrone at comcast.net
Sun Oct 16 15:26:52 EDT 2005

    I have a sick tailtwister.  It won't rotate either CW or CCW.  I checked the fuses, OK.  I measured the voltage at the control unit with the cable disconnected as per the manual, Voltages=OK.  I measured the pin to pin resistances as per the manual, resistances= OK.  I tried a new motor start capacitor, Nothing/ No Rotation.  I can hear the solenoid click when I depress the brake switch.  With cable attached, brake button pushed and CW pushed, I read about 18.4 VAC on the two terminals.  About the same voltage on the other two terminals with the bake button pushed and the CCW button pushed.

    I'm beginning to wonder if the brake mechanism might be broken.  But, before I take the tower down (it is a fold over), I would like to be sure that I have checked everything that I can from the ground.

    Any ideas?

        73s

        Bernard, WA4OEJ