[TowerTalk] dipole resonates lower than expected

jimjarvis@comcast.net jimjarvis at comcast.net
Mon Oct 17 11:38:01 EDT 2005

TT:

In my experience, variables in the immediate antenna environment play a greater role in impacting resonance than the presence or absence of insulation on the antenna wire itself.

The 'keep it simple' approach:   Measure the distance from finger tip to finger tip,
with arms outstretched using a tape measure.   Mine is 5' 6".    Using 5.5', I measure off the correct wire length using 234/f or 468/f, add 6' for ends, and make up the dipole or vertical (If it's an inverted vee, add 5%).  Usually it requires that I fold back the ends a bit, to bring the vswr center where I want it.   Haven't had to add wire in longer than I can remember.

n2ea