[TowerTalk] "BigSticks"

N4BAA - Jose Castillo n4baa at cox.net
Wed Oct 19 21:28:01 EDT 2005

Cort...

Hello...well...well...as I am a purist....and LOVE the old KLM
BIG STICKERS...I have several here at N4BAA QTH.....I have spoken
with Mike Staal at M2 who designed them and YES...you can
optimize them a LITTLE...but only to increase the gain by about
.31 dbd ..NOT FOR ME...so I kep them in their original
configuration and they ROCK!!! The 15 isn't the performer the 10
and ESPECIALLY 20 are...but NONE the less...the are great
antennas!!!  10 feet sep between the two is fine...however...your
T2X may argue with it....you are looking at a windload that does
exceed teh T2X's specs even in no wind condition....I would opt
for a worm drive rotor..like OR-2800 or a PROSISTEL....but that
is me.....that is a LOT of boom AND SQ Footage for your
tailtwister!! GUARANTEE!!!!

BTW...if you EVER want to get rid of them...let me know...I would
love to have more here to stack!!!

Jose Castillo - N4BAA