[TowerTalk] Rotor damage prevention

Mike Harris mike.harris at horizon.co.fk
Wed Oct 26 21:50:10 EDT 2005

Hi,

<snip>
I found that the big problem with the GS065 was corrosion of the adjusting
screws. I've just changed one after it had been up for 20 years: the
adjusting screws (and the attaching screws) were rusted solid, and the
whole thing had to be scrapped. I've replaced it, and this time used
stainless steel screws with a generous amount of grease in the threads in
the hope that the grease will prevent binding.
<snip>

The mounting screws supplied with mine were much too short and would have
only engaged by about two threads, the top plate on the HD Versatower
HD3 head unit is very thick.  I replaced them with longer stainless items
bought locally.  However, I will now grease the mast clamping screws.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO