[TowerTalk] CFA

Jer rttyman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 19:30:50 EST 2005

Hey, he claims to be a 'Dr'.  Hi. So everything he says must be correct!!

Dr. KABBARY's NEW EM EQUATIONS

NEW ElectroMagnitic Equations
CFA Antenna group - RGIT

This is to show that the present Electromagnetic Equations of Jim Clerk Maxwell are in trouble and in need for major corrections to find the solutions for many unsolved applied physics applications as the present uncontrollable nuclear fusion projects (e.g., the previous JET project) to save more future decades of years will be consumed trying to solve the plasma dynamic stability problems,where the present shape of Maxwell's equations were the reason behind the delay of success of these projects and many other projects .

We can offer solutions when requested from us..

This article can also explain the atomic radiation mechanism , nd will show that the displacement current D' is the only source of the magnetic field H .This was proven by our antenna group and been published 15 years ago in IJEEE, OCT. 1990 .

Also, it is well known that Einstein was defeated to prove the wave particle duality because he used the present (uncorrected) Maxwell's equations. Maxwell's equations were hard to solve because the fourth Maxwell equation was not correct , to use the conduction current as a source of the magnetic field , it is naturally one source for H was proven as D'.

This work was started by our antenna group of Scotland (kabbary , Stewart and Hately ) , and had reached its final stage later in Egypt.

The present antenna theory is full of the well known many approximations, assumptions and the unknown near field mechanism of field reaction of building wave propagation or power radiation, only the assumed far field, and its magnetic vector potential related to the assumed sinusoidal (of no proof) current distribution on the antenna elements, using moment methods and mode theory; both full of the severe approximations of the phase relationship in both macro and the neglected microscopic level, this microscopic level in which field reactions occurs. The near field mechanism is unknown by antenna scientists , and the NEAR pure real radiation is impossible to measure .

When one can measure the magnetic vector potential A , sure he will be able to measure the near pure radiating field , but now it is the mixure of induction and radiating field which is measured by PI or other field strength devices .

The major discovery we have reached was that the displacement current ( time varying electric field ) has appeared in D.C. circuits, while all textbooks have shown that the displacement current is zero in D.C. circuits, but we found it is not zero! This was enough to put the fourth Maxwell's equation in trouble and needs major correction , confirming that the direct source of the magnetic field is the displacement current ( D' ) , not the conduction current ( J ) for both D.C. and AC circuits, and the ( J ) term is not any more a source of any field, but only is the current flow rate no more.

We shall confirm now that Ampere's law does not exist, i.e. the J conduction current became not anymore the source of the magnetic field H for either D.C. circuit or A. C. circuit .

Ampere has discovered his phenomenon which was magnetic field lineswere appeared as circles around the current passing in a conductor; this was before Maxwell's time, then Maxwell came and was worried about charge conservation problem, ignoring energy conservation, and he mathematically turned Ampere's phenomenon into real law as follows ::

Ampere's law: ( J = curl H ), was

added it to Maxwell's law: (D' = curl H) ,

to give his fourth equation: (J + D' = curl H)

How naturally or physically the magnetic field is produced form two different Mother sources J and D' , it is elegant Nature to get some have one Mother D' , not more.

This means that either J term or D' term has to be dropped form the fourth Maxwell's equation to have only one source for the magnetic field, and not having doubled measured magnetic field H.

Theory:

Consider a fixed point P (stationary frame) close to one moving charge at constant velocity v in the z direction , in microscopic level, i.e., D.C. condition, as shown in the figure 1 drawn below.

Through the fixed frame point P, gives rise to time-varying electric field and thus displacement current D' appears at that point P (see figure 1) located inside the conductor under D.C. condition. So, in D.C., the AC component D' has appeared; while textbooks have considered D' is zero for D.C.

>From Maxwell's Law, the resulting magnetic field distribution surrounding the moving charge is evaluated from the vector reaction equation.

D' > curl H

This is to show that the direct source of the magnetic field H is the displacement current D' not J in D.C. circuits , as well as D' has appeared in D.C., which is a new discovery too. This is exactly equal to the magnetic field created when D.C. current J was moving in the conductor.

So, for D.C circuits . Ampere's law becomes Maxwell law and Ampere's law does not exist anymore. This means the fourth Maxwell 's equation has been reduced to Maxwell law and J became useless term for radiation or wave propagation.

The new electro-magnetic equations became now, for the century:

p > div D

0 > div B

B' > - curl E

D' > curl H

(The J term is defined as nqv but can not be a source of magnetic field ,it is only charge flow rate)

The above four equations are causality equations , mainly the third and fourth equations , which are also field reaction equations, but not equality equations as made by Maxwell himself .

Maxwell did great efforts, in his time , in gathering the most important laws of previous scientists and then he put them in the equality form .These causality new equations form is the only way for solving all problems of major applied physics projects.

Some Advantages of the Crossed Field Antenna :

  a.. Low operating voltages on the elements:
  The Crossed Field Antenna presents a purely resistive load, and has no significant reactive component - inductive or capacitive. Due to this, the resultant voltages found on each component are much lower than encountered on a resonant antenna, where the high reactance (X) results in quite fierce voltages, up to several hundred thousand volts being measured.

  b.. Very low induction field, much less than conventional antenna:
  Because the radiation field components (E and H) are in time phase with each other, there is a negligible 'near field' or induction field. This is due to the wave being formed by a different method (Poynting vector synthesis) than in a traditional resonant antenna.

  c.. Sky wave suppressed by cone, increasing the ground wave.

  d.. 5dBuv/m more Gain than vertical quarter wave:
  The conical section at the top of the drum serves to depress the radiation which would normally travel directly upwards (vertically) down towards the ground where it reinforces the wave traveling outwards from the antenna along the ground (called the ground wave). This means the ground wave can be up to 5 dB stronger than found with a traditional resonant quarter wave mast antenna.

  Waves from a quarter wave vertical antenna also exhibit another unfortunate quality - Wave Pockets. This is a sharp 'hole' in coverage found at varying distances from the antenna in the daytime. Wave pockets are not found when using the CFA, see Wave Pockets which discovered by Dr. Kabbary in Antennex Magazine.

  e.. Broad bandwidth - typically 30% of operating frequency:

  The low reactance found on a crossed field antenna, with all waves being in time-phase, means that the reactance is low (see # 2 above) and thus the 'Q' of the antenna is low, giving broad bandwidth and wide Freq. Band. This is of increasing importance with the emergence of data transmission at lower frequencies.
  The new DRM standard needs a wider bandwidth than is generally found on resonant antennas. Many low frequency antennas have very narrow bandwidth due to the high Q, due in turn to the high reactive components. The CFA does not have such problems.

  Accordingly, the more even response across the bandwidth means a more linear response to the modulating frequencies and thus improved audio fidelity. When an antenna presents a transmitter with a narrow bandwidth or asymmetrical load, the transmitter often produces unwanted artifacts, which can also affect the quality of program transmitted; with the CFA this does not occur.

  f.. Reduced insurance costs due to smaller structure:

  The size of the Crossed Field Antenna is not governed by the natural wavelength. Traditional resonant antennas are usually a quarter or a half wavelength in height, which at medium waves is a couple of hundred feet tall, and at low frequencies and long wave can be up to several hundred meters tall - some long wave antennas are up to 2000 feet high. Such mast structures are very expensive to build and to maintain. The insurance costs alone can be colossal and rigid maintenance regimes must be followed.
  The CFA however is usually just 2 or 3 % of wavelength high, as opposed to 25%,. 50% or 62.5% of wavelength as is necessary for a resonant antenna. Therefore, the construction, maintenance and insurance costs are all much lower.

  The smaller size leads to other advantages

  g.. Much smaller real estate required:
  Masts several hundred feet high also need guying arrangements spreading out over a quite wide area, which effectively means the ground they cover cannot be used for anything else.

  h.. Less extensive ground system needed:

  So, CFA can be mounted on roof tops, In addition, a ground system extending out perhaps half a wave length from the base of the antenna may be needed. Up to several hundred acres may be needed, and urban land in the west is now valued highly. Existing transmitter sites can release much of their real estate for other development by changing from a mast radiator to a CFA, which being low profile does not need extensive guy wire arrangements, nor does it need quite so extensive a ground system.

  i.. Additional night time use due to lower sky wave radiation:

  Low frequency radio waves are reflected back down to earth after dark, and coverage areas can extend many times further than the regular daytime coverage. For this reason, many stations must reduce their power output after dark drastically to protect co-channel users some distance way. The CFA however radiates very little of its energy skywards and so stations ought to be able to remain at higher power levels after dark without causing interference, and can thus continue to enjoy their daytime coverage areas after dark.
  This is a tremendous advantage to many city-based commercial radio stations currently enduring punitive after dark power restrictions.

  j.. Improved Safety for Transmitter station Personnel:

  As the voltages found at the antenna are much lower, this presents a much safer working environment to station personnel. many radio engineers are injured or killed when accidentally touching, or just passing close to, antennas which are 'live'. A high voltage on a component caused by a high reactance can easily jump across an air gap, especially when damp conditions occur. As a CFA has lower voltages of just a couple of thousand volts, the risks of electrocution are thus much lower. Radio stations should be able to negotiate lower rates of employers' liability insurance for this reason