[TowerTalk] CFA

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Mon Oct 31 20:45:58 EST 2005

> Hey, he claims to be a 'Dr'.  Hi. So everything he says
must be correct!!
> Dr. KABBARY's NEW EM EQUATIONS
<snip>

This CFA junk came out around early or mid 1990, as I
recall. Interest peaks about 1998 or 1999. At that time the
believers claimed the doubters would soon see BC stations
all over the world using the new CFA antenna. Most of the
believers are silent now, probably wishing they used common
sense before jumping on the bandwagon.

If you search dejanews for CFA or cross field or crossed
field  in rec.radio.amateur.antenna you'll find the CFA
wars.  I just read  some old exchanges between to former
schoolmates, Chris Trask and the dreaded count Fractenna, on
that subject. I think that was the only time I ever sided
with Fractenna on anything! ;-) It's amazing how long junk
science lives.

If you say Fractenna three times on Halloween, he will
appear.