[TowerTalk] Climbing belts/harnesses demonstration

Dave NØRQ n0rq-lists at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 14 11:21:56 EDT 2006

I saw most of that demo as well.  It was a good thing to have
at Hamcom!  (And Hamcom was very good this year.)

During #3 below (a 6' lanyard with a knot), I managed to take
a picture, right after he released the weight, as it was falling,
before the lanyard attempted to stop the weight.  You can see
the pic at www.qsl.net/n0rq/images/badknot.jpg  -- and as Mike
mentioned, the lanyard snapped like it was a string -- yes,
right where the knot had been.

The lesson was painfully clear.

- Dave N0RQ