[TowerTalk] antenna; NDBs

Peter Voelpel df3kv at t-online.de
Thu Jun 22 16:16:33 EDT 2006

I just recently dismounted and moved a NDB from its old place on the
airfield some km out to a new location on a hill.
The airfield is a military helicopter base and they just got a new type with
a difference approach pattern.
The NDB antenna is a 24m high self supporting steel tower sitting on base
insulators at the 3m level and is driven by a transmitter using a QB/300 =
4-125A in the final with about 120W.
The mains for the tower lighting is decoupled from the tower by an Austin
Ring transformer

73
Peter, DF3KV