[TowerTalk] Direct Burial/Trench/DirecTV

Mark Adams, PE msadams at buffalo.edu
Thu Mar 30 08:59:11 EST 2006

Hi Gang,

I am ready to install direct burial cabling between my tower and
basement. This includes 3 runs of BuryFlex, one run of 1/2" TV hardline,
rotor cable, 12/2 UF for an outlet at the tower base (which will be plug
connected inside, and two RG-6 w/Ground for DirecTV. The dish will be on
a pole a few feet from the main tower. My VHF rover partner suggested
that the DirecTV may use a switching PS for its multi dish switch and
that I may be QRMing my ham installation.  Has anyone done this or have
any direct experience? At my previous QTH the ham stuff and sat stuff
was well separated.

73,
Mark/K2QO
FN03ra