[TowerTalk] Need Advice on Long Wire Antenna Materials

Edward Sylvester navydude1962 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 00:23:29 EDT 2006

Though not directly pertinent to towers, I thought this would be a good group to poll for wire advice.  My friend and I are trying to optimally utilize some very tall cedar pines on his 5 acre property.

  We've decided that a Long Wire is best, for now.....The spance between the two support trees is ~1000 feet.  What kind of wire would you use for this application, keeping in mind the continuous swaying of the trees, the distance, the elements, etc?

  We only wanna have to do this once, so all solemn advice will be taken seriously!

  Thanks and 73,
  Ed NI6S