[TowerTalk] Force 12 c-3 information

Bruce/Edith Goldstein wa3afs at inav.net
Sun Apr 6 12:12:35 EDT 2008

I had the C4 (which is a c-3 with the 40M element) up for 10 years when I lived in Iowa.

I wrapped all the fiberglass with Scotch 88 electrical tape.  When I took it down after ten
years, the fiberglass was still in quite good (not perfect condition).  The person that I sold the
antenna did not rewrap the fiberglass and has had it up for 2 years now and he has not had
any problems.

I had no problems with any of the rivits coming loose.  The antenna survived many bouts of
high winds (after all, it was Iowa!).

I was very satisfied with the performance of the antenna.  I now have a 3 element SteppIR
and am very satisfied with it also.

-- Bruce