[TowerTalk] Force 12 c-3 information

Bill Parry bparry at rgv.rr.com
Sun Apr 6 13:35:22 EDT 2008

That is ridiculous. I have had two different C3's and the environment here
is not antenna friendly. Near the south Texas Coast and at 120 feet. Unless
hit by lightning or some other cataclysmic event, your C3 will be working
just fine at the end of this coming solar cycle. I would elect to buy the
C3E variation though; the sunspots are going to be rising!

I would be interested in knowing which page of the manual includes the
statement that the fiberglass insulator will last only 5 years. I reread my
manual, I may have missed it, but I can't find any statement like that. It
does say that the PVC element insulators will last for more than 10 years.

Bill, W5VX

P.S. If you are really, really concerned, wrap the insulator in Scotch 88.
(Certainly not necessary). Maybe those folks were talking about the KLM
center insulators.  I have seen those center insulators break on multiple
occasions.