[TowerTalk] another stupid guywire question

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 09:41:05 EDT 2008

In a message dated 7/17/2008 9:02:39 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  Yeah, I've looked at the info at Texas Towers.?The EHS and  the
galvanized?wire rope look pretty much the same as far as strength.? I've  order 500' of
the wire rope.?

    I don't have a problem with regular 7x19  galvanized wire rope as a
substitute for EHS since they're both the same  breaking strength - around 4000#.
It's a lot more work since you can't use  PreForms on it. The reason EHS is
specified is because it's the same  everywhere. You can buy 3/16" wire rope in
5-6 different configurations and  strengths, most of which would be
inappropriate for a tower installation.

>  I may try to acquire enough of the kevlar rope to use at the  very top of
the 51' tower.?

    I hope you mean Phillystran.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC