[TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:33:02 EST 2009

Hi... a picture of the TB-3 thrust bearing is in the rohn catalog http://www.radiancorp.com/ROHNNET/rohnnet2001/catalog/pdfs/25G/25G-16.pdf

As you can see the bearings (ball are encapsulated  between the top rotating plate and the bottom mounting plate.

In a LOW RPM and not stored out side in a upright position, will last for a long time. A proven design

A new thrust bearing that has been used lately my Hams is the yaesu GS 065 thrust bearing 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 in OD mast dia.

check them out also..

 GL Wayne W3EA