[TowerTalk] Cable management on crankup towers

Lou Laderman lladerman at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 14 14:06:08 EST 2009

My solution was to have a single stand-off arm at the top of the tower. The coax is securely fastened to it, and hangs straight down. I coil the cable as it comes down on a convenient support at the base, and uncoil it before I run the tower up. I secure the cables near the base using a bungee cord, and that keeps them from "flopping" around. My tower is not remote controlled, but I wouldn't suggest operating it remotely in any event. Too many bad things can go wrong if you can't see (and hear) what the tower is doing as it moves up and down.

73,

Lou, W0FK