[TowerTalk] [Fwd: Re: ground mounted rotor, with mast up inside of Rohn tower.

Jim Hoge knowkode at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 26 11:23:09 EST 2009

I have worked on Rohn 25 towers with ground mounted rotors. 2" aluminum conduit was used as a mast, threaded couplers were through bolted, and HDPE , UHMW, or Delrin was used as sleeve bearings every 10' mounted on an accesory shelf. I personally don't think it is worth the extra effort and the tower is a bear to climb because you are climbing with your toes, not the instep of your foot. I'd rather climb a BX tower... maybe.

73,
Jim W5QM