[TowerTalk] Moving big rocks

Charles Gallo charlie at thegallos.com
Thu Apr 1 09:33:24 PDT 2010

Can't remember the exact name of the stuffm but there is a powder that is sold that can be used when you can' blast. You drill the rock where you want it to break fill the holes with this powder mixed with water and go away for eight to twelve hours or so. The goop expands and cracks the rocm

K7LXC at aol.com wrote:

>Hiya, TowerTalkians --
>    I need to do something about 2 big rocks sitting on  top of a new tower 
>base hole. They're about 5x3x2 - looks like about a cubic  yard each. It's 
>not very possible to get a piece of machinery to move  them so we'll have to 
>do it by hand. Should I drill some holes and then  split the rock or would 
>a jackhammer work? Any other methods to try? Tnx.
>Steve     K7LXC
>TowerTalk mailing list
>TowerTalk at contesting.com

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list