[TowerTalk] Stripping LMR-600

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Apr 22 01:15:39 PDT 2010

Tommy Alderman wrote:
> Thanks Roger. Can you also cut the braid shield and the dielectric with that
> stripping tool?

Yes, it's one of the "twist" type.  You stick one end over the end of
the coax and make a couple of twists, then turn around and use the other
end.  That leaves the coax ready for the connector. It's even easier to
use than the 2 and 3 blade strippers for RG-8 and LMR-400 style cables
and almost as easy as the RG-6 strippers for compression fittings.  OTOH
I've never seen any stripper other than a box cutter do a decent job on
LMR Ultra flex.  The rubber like jacket is terrible when it comes to
strippers as it moves and bunches up. Davis BuryFlex(TM) is also easy to
strip.

73

Roger (K8RI)