[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Tower Bolts Torque Setting

hanslg at aol.com hanslg at aol.com
Fri Apr 30 12:13:22 PDT 2010

 Yes, I would also worry about the stretch of my tower bolts if my tower was jumping up and down 6500 times a minute.

If you want to be that precise you have to worry about the exact hardening of the bolt as that will affect the force-stretch curve. The exact diameter also comes in as a factor too. Huu!

Again, the only time I know about a need to know the force a bolt was applying was when the friction between the two fastened pieces were important (which is not the case with our towers, at least not mine). That also required an established routing to prepare the two friction surfaces. (I only seen this once and believe it was not used much due to the rather complicated procedure and possibilities for errors.)

Anything more?

Hans - N2JFS