[TowerTalk] how much boom lifts rent for

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Sat Nov 12 18:35:30 PST 2011

I rented a lift when I painted the exterior of my house.  In my neck of the woods, near Albany NY, you need a certificate of insurance for $1M to rent one of the self propelled jobs.  However, the Genie 45 foot that is towed can be rented without an insurance certificate, and I've seen them for rent at Home Depot.

It's pretty idiot proof.  It has sensors that prevent it from operating if it is not leveled properly.  It strikes me that it would be ideal for a crank up where tilting the tower over might not be all that useful for installing and tuning a long boom antenna.  The cost as I recollect was under $700 for the week I had it.

Al
AB2ZY