[TowerTalk] Brown colored galvanized surface?

Mark, K5ER k5er at arrl.net
Fri Sep 14 11:07:31 EDT 2012

He Steve,
         Here in the Gulf South, sometimes on vertical tower but pretty
often on horizontal sections waiting to be stacked, that brownish haze
appears. Mostly, it is associated with proximity to hardwood trees,
particularly Oaks. The galv surface is rarely compromised underneath. Comes
off fairly easily with a pressure washer, but sometimes, when its been
there for a few years we need to use something like a milk can brush.
Everybody remembers what that is, right?

73,
Mark, K5ER